I've taken way too long to reply about the fix I made.
I tried to do the "broken warp thread" fix first. It was getting way too complicated because I couldn't just fix one or two threads; I needed to fix the span from the first error to the last error. The boo-boo was in a two-thread sequence (Limette-Turquoise). As soon as I cut the first thread, I realized that I was going to have to do the whole span.
My initial was to cut off the two towels, re-thread the sequence with the errors, and then get on with it. But I thought that was cheating. So that's when I came up with the the idea that I should do the broken warp fix. Your response that you would probably cut off the two towels was incredibly liberating . There was no need to punish myself for making an error.
I cut off the two towels with the error; fixed the warping error, which took about 5 minutes at most; tied back on; and started weaving. I finished the weaving fairly quickly. Hemmed the towels. Put one set in the mail and gave neighbors the other two sets. Everyone loved them. And, I must say, they are beautiful. I kept the ones with the warping error for myself and I love them. Even the error doesn't look look so bad now.
Sandra, thank you so much for your help. It not only helped me with the weaving, but your comment also guided me to being a little kinder to myself.
Here's a picture of the towels (if I did the upload correctly):