Do you ever have a project that seems to be doomed to trip you up at every turn?
I am having one of those. I FINALLY got my second double weave tied up on the loom and ready to begin weaving. I was putting in the header to spread the warp when I noticed a stray tread that didn't seem to be doing anything. I traced it back to find that somehow it had escaped its heddle and was floating around freely like a floating selvage. IN THE MIDDLE of my 30" wide warp!!!! ARGH. I wish there was a magical way to just add another heddle, but I know that is not possible. If this blanket get woven in time for Christmas it will be a miracle!
You can make a string heddle , Deb it’s worked for me. Unfortunately, you’d have to redent part of your warp.
You are the best!
I didn't have to use this method, but I will remember it for when I do. Turns out the heddle was there and I just had to put the thread back through it. Easy peasy.
However, that was not the end of my problems. LOL. after weaving about 5 inches, I discovered that some of the threads were crossed from the heddles to the reed. Fixed that pretty easily but cutting them and tying them down with a pin which I will remove later. I decided that the 5 inches of screw-up was "sampling" and just moved on.
So here is where I am now...
My most recent screw-up is that I somehow skipped a dent where one of the gold and melon stripes is. I am going to hope that it will be ok after fulling. It has to be, because I am not starting over!