Here is my project I took off the loom a week ago. The collapsible weave scarf. I wove 2 scarfs as instructed. The best one will be a gift for my son’s future mother in law. I’ll give it to her at the wedding. The next weave will be the wedding shawl; wider, and hopefully with some novelty yarn as a supplemental warp and weft, tucked in now and then.
This #1 scarf was woven as instructed in the pattern instructions. Except I wound 32 epi for each silk section so I had multiples of 4, to twist like yarns together. I twisted the wool with 4 yarns each group, and the silk with 8 yarns each group. I have waited for the finishing on this first scarf before I start the tassels and fulling on the second one.
* I wove 18” in the reed with only silk in the weft. It was about 17” off the loom, and it fulled to 16” wide.
* I wove for 90” long on the loom with only silk. Off the loom it was about 84”. It fulled to about 70”
* Fringe, the wool sections were twisted to 5” and fulled to 3.5”. The silk tassels were twisted to 4.5”
* Shrink was about 22% overall in the length. The fringe calculates to about 30% shrink. It must be the silk weft keeping the shrink in the body down at 22%.
I can’t get the photos to post, I get an error message. I’ll try again later.
Well I got the images in by going to the html code with the url prefix and not the one called for in the instructions. But it leaves the code in the text, making it look cluttered.
I’m not the best at scarf styling, LOL