I mended all three of the towels with boo-boos. My needle weaving improved while I was doing it. One thing that really helped was changing from a straight tapestry needle to one that has a slight curve at the end. It made a big positive difference. It took about 4 hours, but I got faster as I went as well as more able to solve problems along the way.
I noticed that a lot of my negative space squares were very squashed. I think my beating needs work. I realized that I pretty consistently beat, tap, change, when I should just beat and then change. The tapping is a relic of not understanding how the cloth blooms in finishing and trying to pack the picks together to make an strong cloth. I'll work on breaking that habit with the next batch of towels.
I'll wash all the towels tomorrow and report back.
Thank you so much for your teaching and encouragement.