Halvdrall is the perfect sequel to Monk's Belt because it's Monk's Belt and Overshot's first cousin. They are so closely related. I have overlayed a DDL sequence onto the blocks and had a lot of fun making the Season 2 Colour and Weave gamp bigger. We have an utterly awesome Show and Tell, everyone seemed to want to weave this structure and the pieces are spectacular. At the loom, I do a lot of 'what if' and try all kinds of things that I didn't build into the project and that is a lot of fun.
Things we will learn:
- Halvdrall is closely related to Monk’s Belt and Overshot
- the units can be expanded to include 2,4,6,8 end floats… it is up to you
- the units can be repeated any number of times to create blocks, all you have to do is insert a tie-down
- how to overlay a Colour & Weave sequence on top of the blocks
- how to weave this with just one shuttle, not weaving it like traditional Monk’s Belt or Overshot.