Season 7 Episode 4 - Halvdrall
Halvdrall is the perfect sequel to Monk's Belt because it's Monk's Belt and Overshot's first cousin. They are so closely related. I have overlayed a DDL sequence onto the blocks and had a lot of fun making the Season 2 Colour and Weave gamp bigger. We have an utterly awesome Show and Tell, everyone seemed to want to weave this structure and the pieces are spectacular. At the loom, I do a lot of 'what if' and try all kinds of things that I didn't build into the project and that is a lot of fun.
Things we will learn:
- Halvdrall is closely related to Monk’s Belt and Overshot
- the units can be expanded to include 2,4,6,8 end floats… it is up to you
- the units can be repeated any number of times to create blocks, all you have to do is insert a tie-down
- how to overlay a Colour & Weave sequence on top of the blocks
- how to weave this with just one shuttle, not weaving it like traditional Monk’s Belt or Overshot.
You can purchase the Halvdrall Towel Kit right here:
7.4.1 Halvdrall Introduction
Jane gives us an introduction to Halvdrall at the blackboard.
7.4.2 Halvdrall PDF pages 2 and 4
Download your PDF for this lesson and follow along with Jane as we learn the basics of Halvdrall.
7.4.3 Halvdrall The Project
Time to look step by step of each of the towels woven for this lesson. You'll find all the instructions in your PDF.
7.4.4 Halvdrall At The Loom
Watch Jane weave at the loom for this episode.
7.4.5 Halvdrall Show and Tell
Another amazing Show & Tell where we see how Halvdrall can be taken to so many different types of fabrics!
Season 7 Episode 4 - Halvdrall PDF
All the instructions you will need to weave 8 amazing towels in Halvdrall!