This month, we look at another traditional weave structure and learn about its massive potential in the contemporary weaving world. Again, I thank the weavers who have gone before and left us with such a bounty of thread arrangement on the 4 shaft loom. Each structure provides us with a lifetime of exploration when we add graphic, colour, and repetitive sequences bringing everything we've learned along for the ride. And again, I didn't want my warp to end. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Things we will learn:
• Traditional threading for M’s & O’s.
• That we can thread Plain Weave selvedges and we can weave a version of Plain Weave selvedge to selvedge...BUT, not both.. you have to pick which you one want.
• If you go for the version of Plain Weave we can use floating selvedges to spiff up the selvedge (we are using 4 per side).
• That we have 2 units that can be repeated with care...I’ll explain that in the video.
• That we can treadle almost Plain Weave (a version of Canvas Weave), traditional M’s & O’s, Honeycomb, a version of Monk's Belt, a version of Bronson Lace, and repetitive sequences playing with all those things.
In this PDF you'll have all the information you need to follow along with Jane as we learn all about M's & O's. Your PDF also has the detailed weaving sequences for the 12 placemats or guest towels presented in the videos.