This month, we look at another traditional weave structure and learn about its massive potential in the contemporary weaving world. Again, I thank the weavers who have gone before and left us with such a bounty of thread arrangement on the 4 shaft loom. Each structure provides us with a lifetime of exploration when we add graphic, colour, and repetitive sequences bringing everything we've learned along for the ride. And again, I didn't want my warp to end. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Things we will learn:
• Traditional threading for M’s & O’s.
• That we can thread Plain Weave selvedges and we can weave a version of Plain Weave selvedge to selvedge...BUT, not both.. you have to pick which you one want.
• If you go for the version of Plain Weave we can use floating selvedges to spiff up the selvedge (we are using 4 per side).
• That we have 2 units that can be repeated with care...I’ll explain that in the video.
• That we can treadle almost Plain Weave (a version of Canvas Weave), traditional M’s & O’s, Honeycomb, a version of Monk's Belt, a version of Bronson Lace, and repetitive sequences playing with all those things.
Season 6 Episode 7 - M's & O's PDF UPDATED August 19, 2022
In this PDF you'll have all the information you need to follow along with Jane as we learn all about M's & O's. Your PDF also has the detailed weaving sequences for the 12 placemats or guest towels presented in the videos.