Welcome to our last project of Season 5. I started with a warp for 8 mats and then got so carried away I had to make another warp and ended up with 16! As I worked on them I thought about all the things we have learned in our first 5 years together and wanted to pull it all together in one project.
With the exception of our Turned Twill, we have spent all this time working on just 4 shafts. We've taken an in-depth look at Plain Weave, Twill and Laces and this set of placemats really highlight the inter-connectivity of all structures on 4 shafts. Just 4 places to put warp threads and all the things that can be woven from one threading and using some of the tie-ups we have studied!
Things we will learn in this episode:
• How we can weave Plain Weave, Twill, Huck, Waffle Weave and Monk’s Belt on a Point Twill threading
• How to weave wider hems for placemat
• Different ways to deal with the turn on the hem
• How to control the draw-in for hems
• Considering different wefts for hems